2012年12月23日 星期日

Festive Greetings

Festive Greetings  賀節迎年
I have been sending e-cards as festive greetings for some years, using the images from my artworks. Before preparing the e-card this year, I had several images ready. I must confess, most of them are “festively incorrect”. So finally I decided to go further away from “normal expectation” by selecting the most defiant and rebellious one - “The Shoe-throwers”.
Ponding how the image would be perceived, I added the following lines, in Chinese and English, to the e-card:-

Pardon me if I am being “festively incorrect”
for sending greetings with such an image.
But I really want to see the defiant shoe-throwers
of all countries aim their shoes
at the oppressive regimes.

在賀節迎年的時候發送這種圖像,
抱歉於節慶未免有欠正確。
不過,世上偏有某等民賊和暴虐政權仍在肆虐,
我們應樂見舉鞋奮起的人讓他們領受教訓。

The e-card was sent out a few days ago. It was almost immediately uploaded to Facebook by a friend who was among the first to receive my greetings. He did it half a day before I myself. As expected, over the past two days, I have received quite a number of friendly comments and remarks by emails and from the social networking site.
The e-card is posted here. What do you think about it? All comments welcome. Thanks.

(FYI, I have thought about using another image “The Three Men of Virtue”, instead of “The Shoe-throwers”. It's also posted here.)

沒有留言: